We are seeking a talented and experienced Controller to help lead our accounting efforts at our Sherman Oaks, CA HQ. The ideal candidate has experience working within an international and public organization. This role reports to our CFO and is a leadership position supervising an accounting team.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate needs for procurement of funds and investment of surpluses and make appropriate recommendations
- Delegate authority for the receipt, disbursement, banking, protection, and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments
- Develop and maintain relationships with banking, insurance, and external accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities
- Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow and reserve levels, to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met
- Receive, record, and authorize requests for disbursements in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities, such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting
- Coordinate and direct the financial planning, budgeting, procurement, or investment activities of all or part of an organization
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of accounting and other financial staff, recommending and implementing personnel actions, such as promotions and dismissals
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed
- Conduct or coordinate audits of company accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and statutes
- Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures and efficient control and utilization of financial resources
- Lead staff training and development in budgeting and financial management areas
- Prepare and file annual tax returns or prepare financial information so that outside accountants can complete tax returns
- Supervise employees performing financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, and budgeting duties
- Perform tax planning work
- Determine depreciation rates to apply to capitalized items and advise management on actions regarding the purchase, lease, or disposal of such items
- Experience developing and executing internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for various activities
- Experience with a publicly held organization
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service/interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience working accordance to GAAP
- Experience working in compliance with SOX
- Proficiency in accounting software, business intelligence and data analysis software, financial analysis software, and ERP applications such as NetSuite
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditure
Freedom to Act:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while achieving a high degree of accuracy and meeting deadlines
Size and Complexity:
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities including effectively prioritizing a significant workload
- Ability to participate in and lead special projects
- Ability to build positive relationships that in turn result in increased revenue for the organization
- Performs well on cross-functional project teams and with external vendors and clients
- Partners with external vendors and maintains positive relationships
- Partners with clients and maintains positive relationships
- Robust network of game developers and publisher
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 10+ years of progressive experience
- Prior supervisory experience
- Ability to successfully participate and lead projects involving cross-functional teams
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to build successful client relationships
- Have a passion/interest in gaming and/or prior experience in the game industry (A plus)
- Prior experience with a public organization (A plus)
- International accounting experience (A plus)
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life)
- Matching 401K
- Generous FTO policy!
- Career Development + Growth Opportunities!
- Entrepreneurial, Collaborative Environment!
- Fun, Spacious Office with Lots of Perks!
Xsolla is the video game commerce company, powered by its Transaction Engine and Business Engine, that helps developers and publishers market, sell, connect and optimize their games globally. Serving only the video game industry, the Xsolla Transaction Engine powers the full suite of cloud-based tools to promote and monetize projects, while Xsolla Business Engine provides clients with the roadmap to maximize those tools, and connect them with industry partnerships to expand their business. The two work seamlessly together -- for businesses of all sizes, from indie to enterprise -- to solve the complexities of distribution, marketing and monetization so they can increase their audience, sales and revenue. Headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices worldwide, Xsolla operates as a merchant and seller of record for major gaming entities like Valve, Twitch, Roblox, Ubisoft, Epic Games and KRAFTON. For more information, please visit www.xsolla.com.
Xsolla is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on the following: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability, mental and physical, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, and any other terms deemed by the State of California.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization can achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Xsolla takes your privacy very seriously, and will not sell or externally distribute any data received during the hiring process. For more information related to GDPR or CCPA please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Longevity Opportunity Vision Enjoy the game!